Learning Design Course
You may complete an instructional design course to:
- Find a job in learning design
- Gain access to a toolkit of instructional design guides and templates – everything you need as an instructional designer
- Improve your knowledge, understanding and skills in instructional design
- Achieve an instructional design certificate
What you will learn through our learning design course
You will develop an understanding of learning theories and instructional design principles – the underpinning knowledge you will use to design for effective learning.
- The ADDIE Model of Instructional Design – what it is and how to use it
- Learning theories:
- Social Learning
- Learning Styles – Kolb & VAK
- Instructional design principles and models:
- Merrill’s Instructional Design Principles
- The 70:20:10 Model
- The 55:25:20 Model
- The AEE Model
- The Pervasive Learning Model
- Adult learning principles:
- Andragogy (adult learning)
- Retention – how to make learning ‘stick’
You will learn how to use our ADDIE Toolkit to design and develop learning solutions. The toolkit includes guides and templates to help you to effectively analyse, design, develop, implement and evaluate your own learning programs.
- Conduct a Learning Needs Analysis (LNA)
- Create a High-Level Design (HLD) to outline learning methodologies, objectives, and structure and sequence the learning experiences
- Develop the learning materials – session plans, workbooks, PowerPoints, assessments, QRG/job aids, embedding activities etc.
- Run a Train the Trainer session to hand over the program to a facilitator/s
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the program
Our learning design course options
- Develop underpinning knowledge:
- The ADDIE Model
- Learning theories
- Instructional design principles and models
- Adult learning principles
- Gain access to the ADDIE Toolkit
- Be guided on how to use the ADDIE Toolkit
- Develop your own learning program using the ADDIE Toolkit, that you can add to your portfolio
This option includes all the basic inclusions from option one, plus three one-on-one coaching sessions where you will receive personalised training. You will be teamed with a Senior Instructional Designer who will review the work you develop using the templates, and provide constructive feedback and focussed coaching to ensure you get the most out of the course.
Select the links below to learn more.